Friday, November 26, 2010

An Early Christmas Present



This is my early Christmas present from my wonderful husband. My 11 year old Singer died on me the other day, and I was pretty sad, mad, etc. Of course it has to happen during a deadline. So today I went to my local quilt store (it's a 1/2 hour away), and looked at their used machines. I got this for a good deal, nothing fancy, but it does have what I wanted, blanket stitch, feed dogs that drop, auto lock stitch, love it!!! And she also gave me a lesson on how to use it, asked what I do, quilting of course, she gave me my quarter inch foot, darning foot, and walking foot for free. (Yikes!!) I saw that the walking foot was $50. So I came home and played with all the stitches, love it, they look so good. I need to finish an order before I can play for real and fun!!! I hope you all had a good day, mine was, even though I had to travel in crappy weather (snow, sleet, etc), but I went slow, and it was worth the trip :O}

So, what do ya think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I have a Janome and love it.

Diane said...

Wow, too bad about your old machine but great early Christmas gift! My machine has been groaning when I am FMQ and I fear the day it dies.