Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ramblings about writing, and an introduction to Grammarly

I use Grammarly for proofreading because......I haven't, but I should, and I am going too.  I am awful in English and Grammar.  That was one of my hardest subjects/topics all through school.  I always did extremely poorly with it.  I took a class in college and I still struggled with it.  But I did finally find a book in college that helped me learn and understand it a little better.  Now though, I am not confidant with my knowledge of it.  Again.  Growing up I always dreamed of becoming a writer.  I had books full of writing.  I also did lots of poetry stuff too.  Then I got pregnant, had a baby, and had to grow up.  I started my family, and life got busy.  I stopped writing way back when and to be honest, that is a big regret of mine.  I wish I would have continued because now I do not even know where to start.  I think about starting up again.  But it takes confidence.  Building the confidence in oneself to write and do it correctly is major.  Writing comes natural.  Having Grammarly available to proofread ones writing is a step in the right direction.  And stepping in the right direction helps with the confidence.
I homeschool my daughter and she has English papers and projects to write.  I am supposed to grade them but I am clueless to the correct ways of it.  I will submit her papers to be checked for peace of mind.  My peace of mind.
I have signed up at Grammarly and I am going to give it a try.  Check out their site, it really is cool.  And they have lots of positive reviews.   Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kathleen Grace said...

I certainly understand how difficult it is to follow your dreams when you are lacking confidence Stacey, but I would really like to encourage you to follow your dreams. You have done a great job with your blog and quite frankly, I see many very successful bloggers/writers with glaring spelling and grammar errors all the time. Grammar and spelling can be fixed, it's the content that counts! Maybe you could sign up for a writing class at your local community college to get a kick start. Once you are back in the game I'm sure the ideas will flow:>) I had zero confidence in my art and sewing until I began blogging and received so much wonderful encouragement from my friends. If nothing else, do it for yourself and your own pleasure and enrichment. And remember, fear of failure holds us back more than anything else. You can't winif you don't try. Hugs

Kathy