Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chain of Friends


On Ravelry I am a member of a quilting group and we are doing a block exchange. We are making 8 blocks each of the Chain of Friends Quilt. As you can see from the picture above in my title of my blog that I have only completed one quilt and it was with 4" squares, very basic, so hopefully minor errors. Well, I just completed my first block for this swap and I am ecstatic!! So I uploaded a picture for you all to see!! I am so proud of myself. Have a nice night!!

5 comments:

Sheri Howard said...

It is always so fun to see the fabric people choose.........I have that same pink flower...imagine that, a pink piece of fabric! That swap sounds so fun. I wish I had time to do all the swaps that are out there. Keep going!

Sheri Howard said...

I think I deleated my comment..oops! I love that pink fabric, I have it too! I wish I could join all the cute swaps that are out there....I have been so busy! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

mo said...

That is a beautiful block! Quilt blocks intimidate me a bit but I have got to try one one day!

Darlene said...

Hi, Your block looks great. Have fun with this swap. When I first started quilting, swaps were a great way to stretch myself with fabric and block choices. Keep up the good work.

I am also a Mainer. Where are you? I am near Portland.

free indeed said...

Great job on that block and the colors are fabulous! I think I'm a member of Ravelry but the knitting group....I'll have to check out the quilting because I do more of that...I'm just beginning with knitting...well with complicated stuff anyway..learned basics as a child.